Next weekend on Saturday sees my favourite show of the year the Rushlake Green flower show for lots of reasons with the following top 4:-
1) it's just how a village should be the whole community coming together for a day of family fun (I cant remember the last time I didn't go)
2) It was the first proper show the MJA-WOOD showed at
3) This year I am also supporting The little arts a wonderful group of local artists
4) We will be launching a very exciting new product line which we think will rock the show
Since my last blog it's been busy and shaping up for one of the best months for MJA-WOOD
- The Brighton Market at the start of the month was a great success with the dog garden sculpture finding a new home and new and old customers popping in to say hello.
- A couple of new commissions for bench restorations which are proving popular with the glorious weather we have had in Sussex
- My first professional art lesson with the fantastic artist and teacher Sophie Mayer through The Arts School I would recommend a lesson to anyone. The drawing below was produced during the visit.
- A commission to make a pair of Toadstools for the garden for a very good friend of mine
-Catching up with another wood small business Silvaopus I met at Surrey Hills Woodfair last year where I picked up some beautiful Burr oak slabs further updates will be provided in future blogs
- working on some garden sculptures for ooking forward to August where we will be showing at the Summer Triffle at Pickhams thanks to Josie Tipler for inviting me to show